Ontario Association for the Support of Physical and Health Educators
- Advocates for the development of quality Health and Physical Education Curriculum
- Advocates for the delivery of quality Health and Physical Education
- Provides support and leadership for Health and Physical Education Leaders
“Educators who provide a strong voice to lobby, advocate and support the development and delivery of quality curriculum in Health and Physical Education.”
Ophea Conference 2017
- The 2017 Ophea Conference is taking place October 12-13, 2017 in Niagara Falls, ON.
- Help build healthy, active school communities -spread the word with your community and networks. Please see attached flyer for conference details and highlights.
- Conference Flyer 2017 / Conference affiche 2017
- To learn more visit conference.ophea.net
Ontario Educational Leadership Centre
- OELC/CASO Promotional Print Ad (with course summaries on back)
- Registration Information Packages (secondary courses, elementary/intermediate courses and French Sports). These packages include pertinent registration information, directions to register online, the student support form and manual registration forms if preferred. We are highly promoting online registration and the early bird discounts.
- Bursary Application Form
- The following link shares perspectives on the OELC experience from some of our staff
Benefits of Membership
Membership in OASPHE includes an invitation to attend the fall meeting, the annual conference in February at a reduced rate, the spring meeting in May, and an opportunity to network with teachers and leaders in Health and Physical Education in Ontario through the OASPHE listserve and website. Members will also receive minutes of the OASPHE executive meetings along with information on resources and provincial initiatives as they present themselves.
With the extensive changes in the Health and Physical Education curriculum, we feel it is essential that Boards have representation in our organization in order to help them provide leadership to teachers in their Boards.
Click HERE to download a Membership Application Form.
Go to “Members Area” for minutes of the General and Executive meetings and the related resources.
Members of OASPHE are represented on a variety of provincial committees:
- Ophea – Curriculum Advisory Council
- Ontario Teachers Federation
- Ontario Healthy Schools Coalition
- Ministry Forum
- Provincial Safety Advisory & Technical Committees
- Healthy Schools Working Table
- Think Literacy – Health and Physical Education
- Exemplars – Elementary and Secondary
- Policy to Practice, A Teacher Resource Document – Secondary
- Elementary Assessment and Evaluation – Teacher Resource
|2016-2017 School Boards and Independent Schools with OASPHE Representatives|
|Algonquin and Lakeshore CDS.
Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence
Conseil scolaire du district du Grand Nord de Ontario
Conseil scolaire Viamonde
District School Board of Niagara
Durham Catholic DSB
Greater Essex County DSB
Halton Catholic DSB
Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic DSB
Hastings & Prince Edward DSB
Kawartha Pine Ridge DSB
Lambton Kent DSB
Near North DSB
Northern Nishnawbe Education Council
Ottawa Catholic DSB
Peterborough Victoria Northumberland & Clarington CDSB
Renfrew County Catholic DSB
Simcoe County DSB
Simcoe-Muskoka Catholic DSB
|Thames Valley DSB
Toronto Catholic DSB
Upper Canada DSB
Waterloo Catholic DSB
Waterloo Region DSB
York Region DSB
Appleby CollegeHavergal College
The Sterling Hall School
Ministry of Education
Thompson Education Publishing
University of Toronto