It is that time of year again to celebrate our successes and to acknowledge the significant contributions of a few of our members. Each year at the Spring Meeting our association recognizes the contribution of a teacher and a supervisor of Health and Physical Education for the contributions they have made to advocating for quality H&PE programs. In addition, an individual may be recognized for making a significant contribution to Health and Physical Education as a member of OASPHE.
The time for nominations is now. To nominate an individual for any of these awards, simply download the appropriate nomination form from the 3 attached, complete it and then e-mail to Tanya Woods at email@example.com or by fax at 905-332-1891 by Monday, April 3, 2017. If you are thinking of someone now – take a moment and get it done.
Criteria for each award
Victor Angelosante Award
This award is presented to the outgoing O.A.S.P.H.E. President in recognition of outstanding leadership and service
This award is presented to a present or past O.A.S.P.H.E. member who has made a significant contribution to the growth/evolution of the Health and Physical Education community through sharing innovative practices and/or programs.
- Click here for Recognition Award (docx)
Teacher Leader: This award is presented to a teacher who exemplifies leadership and a strong voice in lobbying for the delivery of quality Health and Physical Education programs
- Click here for Advocacy Award – Teacher (docx)
System Leader: This award is presented to a leader at a system level, (not in a classroom/school environment), who exemplifies a strong voice in lobbying policy makers for the delivery of quality Health and Physical Education programs.
- Click here for Advocacy Award – System Leader (docx)
Award Winners 2015-2016
- Victor Angelosante Award – Lara Paterson, Limestone District School Board
- Recognition Award – Sharon Seslija, Greater Essex County District School Board
- Advocacy Award, System Leader – Dean Burke, Superior North Catholic District School Board
- Advocacy Award, Teacher Leader – Debbie Medeiros, Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board